What is Ebola
Ebola is a severe infectious disease in humans and animals such as monkeys and gorillas, which is caused by infection with the Ebola virus.
It is very infectious, kills in a short time
can be prevented.
How is it spread?
vomitus, urine, and sweat of an infected person and soiled linen used by a patient
- It can also be spread through using skin piercing instruments that have been used by an
- The Virus can also be got through contact with persons who have died of Ebola
- The virus can also be got through eating dead animals especially monkeys that died of Ebola.
How can it be prevented?
- Wash your hands often with soap.
- Avoid direct contact with body fluid of a person suffering from Ebola, or dead person by wearing gloves, masks and goggles.
- Persons suspected to be suffering from Ebola should be taken to the nearest hospital.
- Person who have died of Ebola must be handled using strong, protective wear and buried immediately.
- Report any suspected cases of Ebola to the nearest health facility immediately.
- Suspected persons should be kept away from other persons
Sources: World Health Organization, Ministry of Health, Ghana
Click here for News Updates »